Many buyers need room to imagine themselves living in your home. Here are a few tips to help prepare your home for a Professional Photography Session.
- Clean your home.
- Less is more. Remove clutter and personal items as much as possible. Put away toys, clothing, dishes, towels, shoes etc.
- Remove family photos.
- Remove any seasonal/holiday decorations that can quickly outdate your photos
- Make all the beds, fluff all the pillows, and check the bed skirts.
- Clean the kitchen sink and put away all the dishes.
- Clear all kitchen counter tops and put away toasters, can openers, etc.
- Clear all bathroom counter tops.
- Remove all shampoos, conditioners, body-washes, etc. from the shower.
- Hide all trash cans.
- Remove all magnets and decorations from the refrigerator.
- If there are pets, hide all food/water bowls, pet beds, and pet toys. Also make sure they are not going to disrupt the shoot.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Have the lawn trimmed, leaves raked, bushes and trees pruned.
- Pick up any items that may be laying around the yard, such as garden tools, garbage cans, toys, empty pots or pots with dead plants
- Clean up after any animal
- Put away all garbage cans, hoses, garden tools, toys, bikes etc.
- shovel snow from walkways, driveways, patios, decks when necessary.
- replace any broken lighting on the home.
- When in season, uncover grills.
- Remove any seasonal/holiday decorations.
- If you have outdoor furniture, wipe it down and make sure that the cushions look clean and nice
Right Before the Photographer Arrives
- Turn on ALL interior lights – even lights in furniture cabinets.
- Turn OFF all ceiling fans.
- Light fireplaces and candles.
- Open all blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Clear all cars and vehicles from the driveway and the street in front of the home.